Sunday, January 22, 2012

Giffords Resigns

Via her Facebook, Arizona Representative Gabrielle Giffords, has announced she will retire. “I have more work to do on my recovery so to do what is best for Arizona I will step down this week. I’m getting better every day, my spirit is high.”

It was just over a year ago, that Giffords was shot by Jared Lee Loughner, in an apparent assassination attempt. In the attack a total of thirteen were wounded and six died. Loughner plead not guilty in March, and his competency to with stand trial is still being decided.

Even her survival is miraculous after taking a near point blank shot to the head. Sadly due to her injuries she has lost about half of her vision, needs a cane to walk, and her ability so speak has been slowed. Clearly a fighter, she is someone Americans can look up to for striving to succeed and survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment