Sunday, January 8, 2012
More on Santorum
Via Twitter, I was told that this article defending Rick Santorum was a rebuttal to my own article "Who is Rick Santorum?", so I felt I really should respond to it as well. It would be really easy to simply respond with this article: "The Santorum That America Doesn't Know", which was sent to me by @politiJim, and was written by a reporter who followed Santorum for twelve of the years that he was in office. It includes ten points which pretty much show Santorum to be a rather corrupt individual. Ironically I had been told to investigate some of this very information by @Bpepoydensmore, whilst I was writing the first article. I kind of find myself at an "are there enough nails in the coffin yet?" moment.
The numbers for Santorum show he's voted for some great things, including voting for welfare reform and fixing social security even when the economy was good. Yet the financial numbers say which way he actually votes. He votes for the money into his own pocket. Now yes that is something most politicians do, which is why we don't like career politicians. However Santorum is someone who claims and is praised by some for being an honest conservative person, let alone politician. That just doesn't add up. As Chris Rock says in Head of State, "That ain't right!".
Partially annoying, actually very annoying to me, is how much of the time I see people defending Santorum by saying, "Well Gingrich did it." "Romney did it.". That doesn't matter, nor does it make it right. If Santorum really wants to show he's the biggest conservative then he's going to have to find some magic, because I don't really see how it is possible.
All of the candidates have faults, they are human after all, but Santorum to me seems the most hypocritical of the lot. And that is why I won't support him unless it truly did come down to him and Obama. Because we can't forget that we must "Hang Together or Hang Separately". For even as much as we are totally in the midst of ripping apart all of the Republican candidates, we must in the end remember who the really enemy is, and what we are fighting for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment