Friday, February 3, 2012

Drowning in Technology

The joy of the 21st century, technology everywhere and easy to use. Sometimes it truly does get overwhelming the sheer amount of information, or how busy it can make you.

That's what happened to me. I found myself stressing over four square. Ridiculous as it may be, if it for whatever reason wouldn't let me check in or said I was too far so it didn't count, I was finding myself getting up set with it. Or help us all if someone took one of my precious mayor ships from me. And driving became stressful too. If I was stopped at a red light I found myself making sure to check in at that intersection.

I had to quit. And last week I did. I kept the app, so I can check in to places with friends, or to use it as a way to invite people to join me, wherever I might be, but otherwise I do not use it at all anymore. And it's great! I can truly feel the difference from just that much stress being going from my life. I'm happier just because I stopped playing a stupid game all the time.

It's made me question what else is stressing me out, that really is not a necessary or even useful part of my life. I'd totally suggest you do the same. Evaluate stuff in your life, and if it's causing you stress and isn't needed or useful get rid of it. It might not even be something technological. But get it out, feel better, and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment