After 52 years of teaching at Denver Christian, and 48 of being the head basketball coach, Dick Katte is going to retire. A standard maker for not just how to win, but how to treat players, Katte's presence has been felt far beyond that of the gym and classroom.
With a career record of 873-233 he has one of the best records of any coach, in any sport, in history. He has led the Crusaders to seven state titles, and they are three games away from an eighth. The gymnasium was named for him years ago, he has received hundreds of awards, and in some families has coached three generations worth of boys.
When asked on his success he simply said, "I just keep saying to people that God has been faithful and I've been blessed. I really believe that. As long as I can help young people, that gives me fulfillment."

No comments:
Post a Comment