In New Zealand, a picture of a contestant at the Bride of the Year competition, raised a large controversy.
Thirty-four women were competing, but only one of them was captured drinking a beer.
To some this was unbecoming of a bride. The bride in question, Katrina Hayman, replied that no one would have cared if she had it been drinking a glass of wine.
"I mean that is just the type of person I am. I don't like to portray myself as someone I am
not. A lot of females drink beer and it's just I felt more comfortable
having a beer than having a wine."
As of time of this posting, an online poll showed that 62.9% saw no problem with a bride drinking beer, 13.3% said it was tacky, whilst 23.8% said it was ok, but that it should be out of a fancy glass.
Hayman ended up not winning the contest.

No comments:
Post a Comment