Monday night we went out for a friend's birthday, and she chose McKinner's Pizza Bar in downtown Littleton. I beat everyone there and chilled at the bar for a bit, gathering impressions.
First thought for me, was that the place is pretty small. You couldn't fit fifty people in the place. The bar only had room for about a dozen people at it, and not much of a selection. But that was the only possible negative.
The beer selection whilst limited, is a very good selection, mostly local craft beers. They even had some excellent ciders that I'd not had before. And their prices, well except for the Lindeman's Framboise from Belgium, they were all under $4.
When you get there, if you check into foursquare you'll notice the suggestion to try their jalapeno poppers. And you should, they were def worth the trying.
Most of us ended up getting pizzas. The birthday girl and her sister, got this Lucky Seven pizza, which is nothing but different kind of cheeses combined. One of my friends and I split the Extreme Johnzza, which they were very kind to switch out the mushrooms for more pepperoni. That was one of the best pizza's I've ever had. Another of our friends tried the Elvis sandwich. If peanut butter, banana, honey, and thick sliced bacon sautéed on pane bianco bread for $6 sounds good, then you'll probably enjoy it as much as he seemed to.
Some nights McKinner's has live music, which could really be worth checking out. I may have to find excuses to go to downtown Littleton more often, so that I can take advantage of McKinner's and further explore their menu. They will definitely be getting return visits from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment