Thursday, June 7, 2012

Buffett Says There Won't be a Return to Recession, When Did The Last One End?

On Tuesday, Warren Buffett stated that US will not end up back in a recession.

While I share Warren's hope that the recession will not get worse (unless the growing disaster of Europe spreads over the Atlantic), I do really wonder when it ended.

I know of way too many who are still out of work, or like myself underemployed. Too many who've had to give up their individual lifestyles, and had to find roommates or move back home, just to be able to afford all the bills.

Mr. Buffett, where was the end that you suggest happened? Did I, and those I know, miss out on the end of it, and we're just somehow still living in it, despite all the rest moving on?

Is that why Occupy no longer is camped out in Denver? Or does that have more to do with the city enforcing a ban on camping?

Maybe it's ended in Omaha, Nebraska, where you have your head quarters. If so I should really expect the city to see a boom, while the rest of the country realizes that the recovery is here.

Or Mr. Buffett, is it not true that unemployment continues to grow? That the country can not even keep creating enough jobs to match population growth, let alone replace the lost ones.

We are in a time when cities with populations in the millions brag about a dozen jobs being created. And those same people bragging about those, avoid talking about the ones being lost, in greater numbers.

No, I'm sorry Mr. Buffett, but the recession is still going strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment