Monday, January 14, 2013

President George H W Bush Released From Hospital

Former President George H. W. Bush was released from the hospital.

In a public statement he said: "I am deeply grateful for the wonderful doctors and nurses at The Methodist Hospital who took such good care of me. Let me add just how touched we were by the many get well messages we received from our friends and fellow Americans. Your prayers and good wishes helped more than you know, and as I head home my only concern is that I will not be able to thank each of you for your kind words."

On November 7, the former President was admitted to Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas, due to bronchitis.

He was released, on November 19, only to be readmitted, November 23, when his cough flared back up.

According to a spokesman, he had several setbacks, including a high fever, which required a move to the ICU, on December 23.



After a stay there through New Years he was allowed back to regular care.

At eighty-eight he is the oldest living former President of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment