"With a terrible feeling of pain and loss we announce the passing of Andrew Breitbart. We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior. Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live
freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to
love. Andrew is at rest, yet the happy warrior lives on, in each of us." A great statement about the man from Big Journalism.
Friday morning, just after midnight, Andrew collapsed whilst walking near his home. Paramedics were unable to revive him, and he was pronounced dead later at the hospital. It is stated that it was natural causes, and as he had heart problems last year, it is likely that a heart attack claimed him.
Famous, or infamous depending on your views, for his fight against main stream media, corrupt politicians, and liberals; he was well known as a champion of conservatism. He was known to be a man of honour and courage. Living every day the way he thought best, and encouraging others to do the same. His life may be over, but his mission and message are far from concluded.
He wrote in his book, Righteous Indignation: "I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun
while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to
report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and -- famously -- I
enjoy making enemies. Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes
guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered
what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I
believe in. I've lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I've gained hundreds,
thousands -- who knows? -- of allies. At the end of the day, I can look
at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night."

No comments:
Post a Comment