Thursday, May 17, 2012

Coffman Says Obama Not American at Heart

Colorado Representative Mike Coffman is taking some heat after saying, "I don't know whether Barack Obama was born in the United States of America. I don't know that. But I do know this, that in his heart, he's not an American. He's just not an American."

The Republican was speaking at a fundraiser, Saturday, at the Elbert County Fairgrounds, choosing to end his speech with a discussion of Obama's citizenship and loyalties. His unexpected remarks were met with a short deafening silence, which turned into heavy applause.


Some have stated their approval of his attacking the 'birther' issue, head on. For others, they are disappointed in Coffman's wording. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has been attacking Coffman over it.


On Wednesday he offered a written apology stating that he, "misspoke" and has "confidence in President Obama's citizenship and legitimacy as President of the United States."

No comments:

Post a Comment