Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Golfer Uses Tee to Remove Spider Venom, Then Finishes Round

Daniela Holmqvist might just be the toughest player in golf.

While playing on the fourth hole at the pre-qualifier for the ISPS Handa Australian Open she had a ball go in the rough, on Tuesday.

After knocking the ball out of the rough, she felt a pain on her leg, just above her sock line.

Her caddie saw a spider on her leg and told her she had just been bitten by a black widow.

Medics were called, but Holmqvist took matters into her own.

She used one of her golf tees to remove the venom.

"It was the only thing I had handy. A clear fluid came out. It wasn't the prettiest thing I've ever done, but I had to get as much of it out of me as possible."

Under the supervision of medics the twenty-four year old then continued on to finish the Royal Canberra Golf Club course.

Though she didn't advance, she won in a completely different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment